My friend filled out this survey on her blog and "tagged me." So, here are my answers:
1. How long have you been a Mom? Four years and 3 months
2. How many kids call you mommy? 2
3. When you were pregnant did you know what you were having? Yes, after we had the sonogram. . .
4. How old were you when you became a mom? 26
5. How long were you in labor? at least 12 hours or so with Chloe (my water broke and they put me on petocin (sp?) and I was in labor all day with the wonderful epidural :-) until they finally realized I was going to have to have a c-section. With Aaron I was in a labor maybe a couple of hours. He was a scheduled c-section but my water broke a few days before the scheduled day.
6. What’s your favorite thing about being a mom? Playing with my kids.
7. What’s your least favorite thing? potty training. . .
8. Do you want more kids? Yes. Probably a third one before too long, but I dread 9 months of pregnancy. . .
9. Have you ever taken your kid(s) on a trip? Yes. Chloe's been to Florida, Arkansas, Mississippi, Utah, and Texas (where we live). Aaron's been to Arkansas, Utah, and
10. How many times have you been peed on? Who knows. . .
11. How many times have you been barfed on? Not nearly as many times as peed on (unless you count spit up when they're babies. . .)
12. Are your kids named after someone? Chloe's middle name is Renee (my middle name) and Aaron's first name is Simon's middle name.
13. When is the last time you had a sitter? Just Hm. . .my mom lives with us and can stay with them both if they're asleep when we leave. . .
14. When your kid gets in trouble, who is the bad guy? Just depends on which one of us is there when it happens.
15. What is the longest you have been away from your kid(s)? maybe 6 hours? not sure.
16. Are your toes painted? No, but Chloe got some fingernail polish in her Christmas goodie bag from her Sunday school class last week. So, maybe she and I will paint our fingers and toes
17. Last movie you saw in theater? We saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix at the dollar theatre.
18. One thing you will not give up just because you’re a mom: hmm. . .I don't know.
19. One thing you did give up now that you’re a mom? watching certain t.v. shows that I wouldn't let my kids watch--so I decided I shouldn't watch them. Of course, once your a mom, who has time for much t.v.!
20. Favorite Cartoon: As a kid I loved Dungeons and Dragons, Smurfs, and Scooby Doo. As for what my kids watch, I sure think Wonder Pets is cute :-)
21. Favorite Snack: popcorn. But, my favorite sweet tooth snack is milk chocolate chips with peanut butter.
22. When the kid(s) are napping, you are: Chloe doesn't even know what the word nap means anymore. . .when Aaron's napping I'm either playing with Chloe (or "tutoring" her--she likes for me to go over reading and math stuff with her. I do have some students I tutor) or I'm trying to get some cleaning done.
23. Where is/are your kid(s) now? They are both asleep! They're exhausted from all the late nights with cousins this Christmas!
24. If I could do it over, I’d do this differently: Potty train them before they can walk.
25. What is a lesson you’ve learned as a parent? Good methods don't work for all kids. What may seem like a fantastic discipline or potty training method may or may not work for your child. (or, in my case, there may not be a potty training method in existance that would work for Chloe. . .)
I tag. . .
Deutschland Diaries volume 3: Bayern
1 week ago