Wednesday, March 5, 2008

TAG

A.The rules of this game are posted at the beginning.

B. Each player answers the question about themselves.

C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, and then leaves a comment on their blog letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog to get the directions.

Questions:
10 yrs ago
5 Things on my list of things to do today
Things I would do if I suddenly was a Billionaire
3 of my bad habits
Places I have lived
Jobs I have had
Things most people don't know about me

10 years ago I was the ripe age of 21 and I believe I was in the MTC preparing to serve my mission in the Salt Lake City proselyting mission. I had the coolest MTC companion--she was definitely the best!

My to do list today included 1. Help my mom with her morning routine (she is disabled and lives with us)--breakfast, shower, dressed, etc. 2. drop kids off at mother-in-laws for a couple of hours (she's only 5 min. away :-) Yeah! 3. get the chain saw out and cut down a tree in the backyard (to get more sun to our wet drainage area. . .) and other yard work. I love working in the yard!--seriously. 4. tutor a 5th grader in math 5. play with my kids!

If I were suddenly a billionaire I would pay off our house and student loans to be debt free! Give a large chunk to fast offerring and other charities. Create ready to use college funds for my kids, put a large chunk in savings/retirement. Go on a family vacation--my kids would love DisneyWorld!

3 of my bad habits: eating too many sweets, mild cursing from time to time when I get very frustrated, raising my voice when one or both of my children do not acknowledge they heard me (I, of course, assume that they really didn't hear me, so I get louder. . .)

Places I have lived: Arkadelphia, Arkansas--born and raised; Provo, Utah--attended BYU;Murry, Utah--while on my mission; Riverton, Utah--while on my mission; Alexandria, Virginia--while doing my student teaching at a high school in Washington, D.C.; Watauga, Texas--while teaching at the Tarrant County Juvenile Justice School in Fort Worth; Fort Worth, Texas--while attended grad school at UTA and first 7 years of marriage; North Richland Hills, Texas--moved into a larger house 7 months ago so I could take care of my mom in our home.

Jobs I have had: babysitting, McDonald's, Transcriptionist for grad student, BYU paint crew, teacher at Juvenile Justice School, UTA computer lab, Jr. High teacher, tutor

Things most people don't know about me. . .hmm. . .I strive to be organized and clean but am really a cluttered mess at home (stacks of papers, clothes on floor, etc.). I'm a little bit of a germ freak and wash my hands a lot--which causes my already dry hands to crack. I try to eat healthy foods but have a major sweet tooth. My mission (back in 1998) only lasted 4 months due to the deterioration of my health. . .without more than 8 hours of sleep on an extended daily basis, my body started to break down--shake uncontrollably, weak, etc. etc. I was happy to go on a mission and was happy to come home when I did :-)

I tag: Joni, DeeAnn, Beth, & Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment