Tuesday, April 29, 2008

More Pregnancy Woes. . .

Okay, so yesterday I could hardly keep anything down. I threw up at least 4 times and just had absolutely no energy!!! Then, this morning, I literally could not get out of bed (I had gone to bed at 8:00 last night, so it was NOT lack of sleep. . .well, not that I slept soundly.). Simon, being the great husband that he is, brought a bowl of oatmeal to me in bed so I could eat before getting up (which, of course, can help curb the morning nausea a bit--not that it always works). So, Aaron joined me on the bed and wanted some, so I gave him a spoonful in-between my spoonfulls (he was very cute helping me blow on it to cool it off).

So, I finished that and laid back down. For the life of me, I could not pull myself out of bed, so Simon called in to work to let them know he would be late since his wife was having such a rough morning. Then, he brought me the phone and I called the doctor. The nurse called in a prescription for Zofran and iron pills. So, to make the long story shorter, I took the Zofran (thank goodness there's a generic now!!!) and an iron pill. I have not thrown up today (though my stomach still hurts--it seems like that was a constant for the whole 9 months in my last pregnancies) and after laying around all day (other than going to have my blood taken for blood tests) I am finally feeling a little bit better.

So, maybe once I've been taking the iron pills for a few days, I'll regain enough energy to at least function. . .I'm even going to cook dinner tonight (granted, it's going to consist of boiliing frozen ravioli for 5 minutes, but hey, it's a start :-)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time!you still need to take up David on his offer to hold Aaron--and he'd take Chloe too (we both would!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Natalie, you make me NOT want to get pregnant again. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. I hope you can feel better soon. Let Cesar or I know if we can help w/ anything. Maybe when I make dinner I can make a little extra for you guys or something; if you can even stomach it.

    Love ya,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meredith--Yeah, I've been saving that "coupon" in case I got feeling rotten, so now's the time :-) I was going to ask for a week from Sunday or the following week.

    Vipha--Yeah, I'm making myself not want to be pregnant too. . .;-) Hey, anytime you want to bring food over, it's always welcome! We love your cooking and I'm not doing much cooking these days. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vipha--however, the last thing you need to worry about is food for us. You've definitely got more on your plate these days than I do with work and 4 kids, etc. etc. I need to take lessons from you on being organized enough to cook real meals every night (even when I'm not sick and pregnant. . .)

    ReplyDelete