Sunday, April 13, 2008

Princess

Chloe can be such a little ham! She LOVES posing for the camera! In fact, we were at our friend, Claire's, wedding reception a week or so ago and once she saw the photographer taking pictures of guests, she kept trying to pose. At first he didn't see her and finally he did and took one of her. After that I gently told her she needed to stop trying to pose for pictures and just play with her friends.

She LOVES to dress up and she got this particular cinderella dress as a hand-me-down from her cousin Beth. The first time she saw it, she said "wow." And then when she put it on, she said "I look way beautiful!" Funny kid. She's been wearing it almost every day for the last couple of weeks. I pretty much let her wear it all the time when we're at home. She just has to change when we go out (of course, at first, she couldn't understand why I wouldn't let her wear it to the park. . .sure that dress would be great for swinging, monkey bars, and slides!)

She and Aaron have been playing a LOT of pretend games together lately. She's even got Aaron calling her "Cinderella" when he calls for her. She calls him, "Prince Charming." This afternoon she and Aaron were in their little indoor popup play tent having a picnic and camping--and, yes, she was dressed as a princess--but this time it was a Belle outfit because she had gotten some food on her Cinderella dress at dinner and changed.

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! My Liv was such a dress-up queen (and such a strong-willed child) that she wore a Cinderella dress at my brother's wedding. It just wasn't worth the fight to make her change! It's actually really cute in the pictures, and one of his "colors" was blue, so it worked. Love this stage! It goes by way too fast...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness! We have a model in the family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad she likes the dress! :-) I was just getting ready to blog about Josh and his spiderman costume so this made me really laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad she likes the dress! :-) I was just getting ready to blog about Josh and his spiderman costume so this made me really laugh.

    ReplyDelete