Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

My day started off great when Simon and Chloe (Aaron was still sleeping) brought me breakfast in bed! It was delicious--french toast and eggs. After eating it I stayed in bed for about another hour (hoping to keep it down. . .). Well, about 10 minutes after I finally got up, everything left in my stomach came back up. Oh, well. So, I barely make it to church, but I had taken some medicine and it did start to kick in (if I keep it down, it usually gives me a couple of hours of relief), so I made it through church. Our ward had all the women go to the Relief Society room for the last 15 min. (the men took over primary, nursery, etc.) and the youth served us cake and fruit. It tasted good. And it wasn't until I got home that any of it came back up. . .

Okay, now for the meal that actually stayed down that day! We went to my mother-in-law's for dinner and it was delicious! Esther made a brisket and chicken enchildas that tasted wonderful! And my sister-in-laws had also made beans, Spanish rice, and guacamole. My contribution. . .the paper products. I couldn't eat too much, but what I did eat tasted great and it stayed down!! Yeah :-) So, I've decided that I need to eat brisket with every meal (it seems as though beef and potatoes stay down better than most other foods. . .)

I didn't take my camera to the dinner, so I "borrowed" the following picture from Vipha's blog :-) Thanks, V! We had our meal in the backyard of Esther's apartment complex. It was a BEAUTIFUL day!! The weather was great!

2 comments:

  1. I thought it looked familiar! I wish I had taken more pics, but it seemed as though my son as well, was letting everything out of stomach that day! And it got all over me, too! Ewwwwwwwwww

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I felt bad for the little guy and for you and Cesar for having to clean him and yourselves up! I hope he's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete