Friday, July 11, 2008

Pregnancy Ramblings

Okay, so I keep thinking I'm past the nausea and vomitting, but it keeps rearing its ugly head. . .At least I'm not constantly nauseated anymore and I throw up only a couple of times a week. But, I finally went and refilled my zofran Rx because I was having so much nausea over the past week or so.

Even though the nausea isn't so bad, there are some constant that have yet to go away at all: LOTS of headaches, extreme fatigue, no appetite, bad taste in my mouth, ALL food sours in my stomach and leaves a bad taste (no matter how good it was going down. . .). It all just stinks.


I was talking with a friend from church, Alysha, who is also pregnant. She totally understood what I was talking about with all the symptoms in my last paragraph! She's had the same thing her entire pregnancy and is due in August. Unfortunately, she's also had some heart problems (unexplained racing heart at times) that's a bit scary.


It's strange how our bodies respond differently to pregnancies. I have a couple of other friends who are pregnant and every time I ask they say they feel fine and haven't had any sickness. Then, another lady I talked with who has five grown children, said she was only sick with one of them. Then there's my sister-in-law who's sick the entire 9 months and it got worse with each subsequent child (she stopped at 4). And there's me who was sick the entire 9 months with Chloe, about 5 months with Aaron, and yet to find out when it will end with this one. But, even with Aaron, the bad taste in my mouth and sour stomach lasted the whole time. Then there's my sisters who also both had it rough at least into their second trimesters. Then, there are the rare jewels who actually feel better and enjoy pregnancy. The world should be filled with those!


Okay, that's enough rambling about pregnancies. Just some of my thoughts to look back on.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Natalie, I don't know how you do it. It doesn't seem fair that every person and every pregnancy can be so different. I hope it ends soon for you. You are a saint! At least it will all be worth it and over in a few months!

    ReplyDelete