Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Anemic and Happy

Okay, yes, I am very happy that the doctor's nurse called a couple of days ago and told me that my glucose levels are fine, but I am anemic. I'm happy about it because it's a treatable problem. I know that taking iron pills will help me get my energy back. I've been taking them for a couple of days and already today I am feeling more energetic! YOO HOO!!

I was anemic in my previous pregnancies and kept suggesting to the doctor this pregnancy that I was. But, every time they checked my iron levels they were fine, until last week! I'm relieved because I knew my exhaustion had to be caused by more than just being pregnant since I'm keeping down 99% of my food these days.

So, the first 5 or so months of exhaustion was caused by lack of food staying down and now it's because of anemia. Since I'm keeping food down and taking iron pills, I see a relatively pleasant forecast for the remainder of this pregnancy :-) (yes, I am at the point where I'm big and having back aches, sore hips, etc. But, those things are all much easier to deal with without constant nausea and total exhaustion! :-)

1 comment: