Sunday, November 23, 2008

more Emma pics and some thoughts

Just a couple of pics from the hospital that show her face better. We're sure enjoying having her home! Chloe and Aaron just can't get enough of her. They love holding and touching her and wish she'd open her eyes more :-) She's definitely a good sleeper!
Natalie is doing well. The C-Section was a little over a week ago and she's feeling so much better! Thanks for all the prayers, meals, help, encouraging words, etc. etc. This pregnancy is definitely an experience I won't ever forget! From nausea, throwing everything up and ending up on a Zofran pump (constant anti-nausea medicine) to sudden insomnia, panic attacks, anxiety, and ending up in a Psychiatric Hospital for a few days and being put on sleep and anxiety drugs. (and, I must note, that I entered the psych hospital on my 32nd birthday--Happy Birthday to me. . .definitely a new experience for me) And then, of course, the actual C-Section (which went much better than I expected. I did have a panic attack but it didn't last too long and I was able to stay calm enough--with the help of my wonderful sister-in-law, Yvonne's, expert help--I didn't have to be put out).

This experience has brought me some measure of insight and empathy for others who experience these kinds of things daily. I also learned of many other friends and associates who have experienced panic attacks and extreme or frequent anxiety that I had no idea about.
It's also definitely been a faith promoting experience as well. I know that the Lord will never give us more than we can handle and knowing that is what got me through it all. (though, I must be honest and admit that at some points I thought the Lord had let me go past that point of being able to handle it!) However, it was when I was really at my breaking point that relief came. The Lord knows.

It's always eye opening when I go through certain difficult trials only to realize how many others in the world go through the same things and much worse. May God bless everyone with the comfort and strength to make it through their trials.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so glad everything went well---cant wait to see emma----we love you guys!

    ReplyDelete