Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pretending

As I'm putting on lipstick. . .

Aaron, "I want lipstick"

Natalie, "Lipstick is for girls"

Aaron, "I am a girl"

Natalie, "You are not a girl, silly boy"

Aaron, "I'm just pretending I'm a girl" (emphasis on "pretending")



Aaron, "Can I take this outside?"

Natalie, "No, that's an inside toy"

Aaron, "I'm just pretending it's an outside toy"



Some form of this conversation happens all the time, I just can't remember the specifics of each one. But, he's always "pretending" or asking me to just "pretend" so that he can get what he wants or do what he wants to with something. . .I normally find it quite amusing :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love that! McQueen is obsessed with lipstick, too, but will settle for destroying chapstick. I know Brad's boy, Barrett, has G'ma Scott show him every single one of her lipstick tubes. Love the pretending!

    ReplyDelete