Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day Bowling

Okay, we did take our camera, but oops, forgot to put the memory card back in. . .so, no pics. But, we took my mother-in-law bowling this afternoon. It was her first time ever to go bowling. Very fun. Chloe and Aaron even each got a strike (okay, it was with the ramp thing you push the balls down and with heavy bowling balls. . .but still, they were pretty excited!).

Fun day. Before bowling we had a delicious dinner with my mom and my mother-in-law (Karma and Esther) of oven-baked chicken, corn on the cob, fresh strawberries, fresh avacado, cucumber, and carrot slices. And topped it off with a pumpkin pie made from scratch (even the crust). I did most of it, but Simon did cut the strawberries, shuck the corn, and helped the kids make the pumpkin pie filling. So, it was a fun family function :)

2 comments:

  1. Ok, when I first read this, I thought it said "mother" and not "mother-in-law". I was going to be really impressed at what you got Mom to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that would've been something! We did invite her to come, but for some reason she just didn't think watching us bowl would be all that fun. . . :)

    ReplyDelete